We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Automotive Payroll Specialist to join our team.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the preparation and disbursement of semi-weekly payroll in
a multi-dealership environment using ADP internet payroll service and time and attendance platform.
The Payroll Specialist works closely with each locations Business Manager to ensure proper payroll
and benefit information is current and accurate.
– Oversees all Payroll, HR and time and attendance related data.
– Calculates and posts employee time sheet data and earnings including base pay, overtime,
draws, commission, bonuses and other incentives.
– Process all paperwork (W-4, general deductions, direct deposit, 401K changes, local taxes, and
garnishments) received from the assigned locations in a timely manner.
– Process, upload and verify the payroll file for processing into the ADP payroll system.
– Processes employee salary/wage or other changes affecting payroll status including new hires,
transfers, and terminations, paid or unpaid leaves of absence and liens/garnishments. Ensures
compliance with all applicable federal, state and local tax regulations including wage and labor
– Serves as a liaison to the HR Representatives and ADP regarding payroll related issues.
– Research and resolve any issue that arises in regard to payroll.
– Prepare and balance the payroll spreadsheets on a semi-weekly, monthly and yearly base.
– Prepare monthly reports and other special projects as needed.
Education, Experience, Skills Required
– 3 to 5 years of relevant ADP payroll and accounting experience
– Automotive payroll experience a plus but not mandatory
– Experience with various accounting software’s a plus
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
– Ability to work independently, develop and follow-up on pay plans, and resolve discrepancies
– Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices within payroll and HR
– Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
– Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to be effective at all levels of the
– Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Effectively prioritize work to meet business
– Solid knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Trophy Automotive Dealer Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protect qualified
individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe
benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. Disability
discrimination includes not making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee,
barring undue hardship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will
not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. TADG is committed to providing reasonable
accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to
ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as
required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.
The Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212,
prohibits job discrimination and requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment
disabled veterans, recently separated veterans (within three years of discharge or release from
active duty), other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or
expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal
veterans (veterans who, while on active duty, participated in a U.S. military operation for which an
Armed Forces service medal was awarded).
Universal City Nissan will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban
the Box) Ordinance.
To obtain assistance with accommodations related to the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA)
concerning your application process, please contact Trophy Automotive Group: HR department