– Develop, implement, maintain, and enhance a recruiting strategy to create a pipeline of Best in
class candidates for various positions across multiple dealerships. Key types of positions
include salespersons, technicians, service advisors, management roles, and all other
dealership and office roles.
– You will be responsible for recruiting for the positions within the dealership as needed by GM’s.
– Develop and use a variety of recruiting methods including job boards, social media, networking,
and industry and role specific resources (tech schools, automotive-related programs, etc.) to
maximize candidate sourcing.
– Develop strong relationships with hiring managers, while getting a feel for the atmosphere of
each dealership to ensure a smooth recruiting process and cultural fit.
– Deliver quality customer service to include regular/timely position updates and scheduled
reports to hiring managers and follow-up with all candidates, including candidates not selected,
accordingly throughout the interview process.
– Coordinate and attend job fairs, recruiting fairs, and other recruiting events.
– Manage the interview process, including; interviewing candidates, administering assessments,
recommending qualified candidates, coordinating interviews between candidates and hiring
managers, providing feedback for both parties, and extending offers.
– Screen applications and sources qualified applicants ensuring that there is an ongoing talent
– Manage the interview process to include scheduling, preparing questions and other materials,
and participating as an interviewer.
– Responsibility includes effectively reducing turnover through quality of hires and effective
– Coordinate with Executives and Management to make job offers, following the proper approval
– Ensure that pre-employment background checks and drug screens are completed by
coordinating with corporate HR.
– Coordinate and attends local job/college fairs, and network in the community to ensure a
pipeline of candidates.
– Work closely with the corporate Human Resources department, the public, dealership
personnel, and executive team to ensure effective communication.
– Establishes recruiting requirements by understanding organization plans and objectives;
meeting with general managers to discuss needs. Is responsible with local manager for filling
open positions in a timely and efficient manner.
– Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges,
employment agencies, media, and internet sites; providing organization information,
opportunities, and benefits.
– Performs initial screening, evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant
qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
– Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and
– Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and
– Coordinates and implements college recruiting initiatives.
– Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying
references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
– Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with
managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
– Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring
job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
– Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
– You will be in charge of all training for all positions. As a part of your position you will be
responsible for developing a training guide for each role and conduct a training course for all
employees along with a training acknowledgment.
– At the end of each training course a employee survey will also need to be conducted to
evaluate the effectiveness of the course and turned into corporate.
Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protect qualified
individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe
benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. Disability
discrimination includes not making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee,
barring undue hardship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will
not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Trophy Automotive Dealer Group is committed
to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees
with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of
employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.
The Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212,
prohibits job discrimination and requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment
disabled veterans, recently separated veterans (within three years of discharge or release from
active duty), other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or
expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal
veterans (veterans who, while on active duty, participated in a U.S. military operation for which an
Armed Forces service medal was awarded).
To obtain assistance with accommodations related to the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA)
concerning your application process, please contact Trophy Automotive Group: HR department